Sunday, January 10, 2010

Its not every Sunday that the Prophet speaks in your ward's Sacrament meeting

so when I first moved to Salt Lake at the end of August I got online to check the time for a ward within the boundaries of my house. 11:00 was the supposed starting time. my roommate and I showed up and, at the end of the meeting found out that church was over for the day...the block had started at 9:00. no worries...I had wanted to check out a ward by the University and, after attending one Sunday there, became a member of the student ward. at the time I was a big fan of the late 1:00 block :) after long consideration and supposing this first ward I had visited was moving to the 1:00 schedule for the new year, I decided to switch wards to go with my roommates. I got online this time and the ward was listed to start at 9am. for some reason I wanted to go in the morning, not wanting to sleep in, and went to find a ward at 9:00. I am so glad I went.

I enjoyed the friendliness of the "regular" single adult ward as opposed to the larger student ward. the first person I met was a member of the bishopric, whom I sat by in Relief Society. I mentioned to him that I had come to the ward about a month ago in anticipation of joining. it was on a Sunday like today where all three wards that meet in the same building meet at the same time, and a month ago somebody told me I chose the wrong Sunday to come for the first time (jokingly, of course). the bishopric member told me I was in for a treat today. it was true. its not everyday you get to hear a Prophet of the Lord speak to you--not just on TV--but in person.

it was amazing. words seem insufficient for describing what I felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment