Friday, April 2, 2010

Sometimes Its Good To Gain 2 Pounds

I have been so blessed to have a schedule that will allow me to go to the gym Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings...and I don't mean at 5:00 in the morning. having this great schedule has helped motivate me to get to the gym. weight lifting has been a much enjoyed hobby of mine for quite some time now. after joining Gold's Gym about 6 months ago, I was given a free consultaion with a personal trainer. I did not sign up for continued personal training, but Jaron did teach me a thing or two about how to eat/work out, and it has worked well for me :)

with my most recent training schedule, I have been able to go consistently. at first I gained 4 pounds, and was so perplexed!! how did I GAIN weight by working out? well, muscle weighs more than fat, right? because I was doing weight lifting, it made sense.

now I specifically remember two weeks in a row I was unable to go to the gym consistently because of school work that I needed to get done. I didn't feel horrible or beat myself up about not making it to the gym, but I thought it humorous that each of those weeks I would get on the scale and find that I had lost another pound...by missing a workout!!

either way, I love working out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment