Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Hi, its nice to meet you. So, what do you do?"

"what do you do?" is my least favorite question to be asked at any time. as if you are defined by what you do. sure, when you first meet someone you want to show interest and learn about them. it is a common courtesy. but to start by answering such a question that will define who you are in that person's eyes from that time forth....Really?? who even wants to go there??

my favorite response to this question ("Whatever I want") is also a quote from my sister :) sure, it may sound like a cop out, but it takes people by surprise when you don't respond with "I'm a student" or "I work" or "I work and go to school." why don't we start with "how has your week been?" or "so, how is your life so far?" ok, maybe that's a little too encompassing. but still, you get my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment